Growing Farm Friendly Communities
This event, to be held Thursday, January 18 from 9-11 am, is co-hosted by GrowSmart Maine & Maine Farmland Trust and will be located at the Windham Town Hall, 8 School Street, Windham, Maine
A panel of community & municipal leaders will share policy approaches and practical ideas for ways communities and farmers can benefit from working together.
Stephanie Gilbert, Farm Viability & Farmland Protection Specialist with the Maine Dept. of Agriculture, Conservation, & Forestry will moderate this panel discussion, followed by ample time for audience Q&A and networking.
Maine Farmland Trust & GrowSmart Maine Members: $15
General Public: $25
9:00-9:15a Registration, Networking, Light Breakfast
9:15-10:45a Panel Presentations, Moderated Panel Discussion, and Audience Question & Answer
* Bud Benson, Town Planner, Town of Standish
* Mark Hews, President, M. E. Hews and Company, LLC
* Rod Melanson, Planning Director, Town of Topsham
* Kate Newkirk, Co-Chair, Town of Winslow Agriculture Commission
* Matt Randall, Agricultural Compliance Supervisor, DACF