ME Floodplain Management Program Training
The Maine Floodplain Management Program is offering 2-day training workshops in various locations in November.
Download more information and registration form here. Here are the subjects they will cover:
- Mortgage Loan Inspections vs. Boundary Surveys
- Flood Hazard Determinations
- Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012
- Update of FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping
- Using GIS/Digital FIRMs
- Dealing with Unnumbered A Zones
- Letters of Map Amendment/Revision
- Substantial Damage/Substantial Improvement
- Subdivisions in the Floodplain
- Enclosed Areas below the Lowest Floor
- Ordinance Responsibilities/Record Keeping
Dates and Locations
Monday, November 4th, Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments, 125 Manley Rd, Auburn
Thursday, November 7th, Rangeley Hall, Eastern Maine Community College, 268 Sylvan Rd, Bangor
Tuesday, November 19th, Fort Fairfield Town Office, 18 Community Center Dr, Fort Fairfield
Wednesday, November 13th, Rangeley Hall, Eastern Maine Community College, 268 Sylvan Rd, Bangor
Friday, November 15th, Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments, 125 Manley Rd, Auburn
Wednesday, November 20th, Fort Fairfield Town Office, 18 Community Center Dr, Fort Fairfield
Certified Code Enforcement Officers and Local Plumbing Inspectors will earn six recertification credits per day (max. 12 credits) in the area of Land Use for attendance at these workshops.
Space may be limited so please register before the close of business on Friday, November 1st.
Registration begins at 8:30. The session runs from 9:00-4:00. One hour for lunch (on your own).
If you are interested in attending this workshop, please download the registration form here and return it to Sue Baker at the Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry.
Please keep this announcement for your records and as a reminder of the training dates. You will not receive any further confirmation of your attendance.