WCCOG collaborates with many partners on Regional Planning in Washington County. They include:
- GROWashington-Aroostook Regional Planning (link to www.gro-wa.org home page) Initiative - plan sections summarized and linked below
- Multiple Transportation Corridor Planning projects
- Tourism Planning through the Bold Coast Scenic Byway and administration of Downeast&Acadia Regional Tourism activities
- Regional Brownfields Assessment Program
- NEW in 2015 Community Guided Planning and Zoning in the Washington County Unorganized Territories
The GROWashington-Aroostook regional planning process, completed in the Spring of 2014, focused on job creation, modern infrastructure, and healthy, affordable communities. There are multiple work products of use to Washington County Communities as they plan within their own boundaries and with their neighbors:
For Economic Development and Healthy Communities
- Local Food Systems
- Washington County Brownfields Program
- Drinking Water System Assessment and Development Capacity Analysis
- Being Active in Washington County
For Infrastructure Capacity and Resilience to Climate Change:
- Washington County Climate Vulnerability Assessment
- Town- and Bay-Specific Storm Surge Scenarios for coastal Washington County
For Housing and Transportation
Please contact Judy East (454-0465) with questions.
Trainings & Workshops
WCCOG periodically hosts workshops and trainings for planning board members and code enforcement officers.
Upcoming training and workshops are posted to the Training News Feed.
WCCOG staff are also available to conduct on-demand trainings for planning boards for member municipalities.